Auditor I, FIS University Program
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Associate Development Program (Full Time Hire)
Education Desired :
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS, you will have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all, fun.
Join the 2023 FIS University Program!
As a 2023 FIS University Program full-time employee, you will have the opportunity to participate in team projects, community service activities, professional development seminars and work with a team that is invested in your growth, development, and success; including bi-annual performance connects with your manager.
This two-year full-time program has start dates in January, March, June, and September with a dedicated “Learning Week” where you will:
- Learn how to work within a corporate environment
- Learn about the exciting world of Fintech and the role FIS plays
- Hear from FIS leadership about their journey and participate in senior leader networking opportunities
- Build a network of your peers from across the organization
This position is for a September 18, 2023 start.
About the team
The internal audit team reviews and assesses the Company’s processes for controlling its activities and managing its risks. We do this by interviewing process owners, examining supporting evidence, and documenting assessment and testing results, and communicating the results to management. Our conclusions lead to improvements in the effectiveness of business operations, risk management, control, and governance processes.
What you will be doing
- Understand FIS’s business and industry in general
- Learn FIS policies, standards, and methodologies (Internal Audit’s and the Company’s)
- Support audit teams for financial and operational audit projects
- Understand basic business processes and related risks
- Gather, summarize, and examine data or information in an organized manner
- Evaluate and validate key controls
- Formulate logical and supportable conclusions
- Develop workpapers and other audit materials that meet all relevant professional practice requirements
- Develop and foster professional relationships
- Establish trust and credibility with key stakeholders
What you bring
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Fluent in English; Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Adaptability, a drive to learn, and strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well independently and within a team
- Strong time management and organization skills
Added bonus if you have
- Prior exposure to/experience in internal auditing
- Actively pursuing or obtained a professional certification in the field of accounting and/or auditing
What we offer you
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility, and respect
- Student Loan Repayment Program: FIS will PAY OFF participants’ undergraduate student loan balance over 10 years of service! Eligibility starts after one year of tenure in the program. The offer is for those FIS U participants located in the U.S
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.