Business Development Manager – Japan
Rokt is the global leader in ecommerce technology, helping companies seize the full potential of every transaction moment to grow revenue and acquire new customers at scale. Live Nation, AMC Theatres, PayPal, Uber, Hulu, Staples, Lands’ End, and HelloFresh are among the more than 2,500 leading global businesses and advertisers that use Rokt’s solutions to drive more value through every transaction by offering highly relevant messages to their customers at the moment they are most likely to convert.
With our December 2022 secondary transaction, Rokt’s valuation increased to $2.4 Billion. We are expanding rapidly and globally – operating in 14 countries across North America, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region with the largest office in NYC and a major R&D hub in Sydney. With 50% annual growth and a vibrant company culture, Rokt has been listed in ‘Great Places to Work’ in the US and Australia. Our award-winning culture is guided by our eight core values: smart with humility, own the outcomes, force for good, conquer new frontiers, enjoy the ride, raise the bar, communicate with impact, and disagree then commit. These values help us attract, engage, and develop the right talent around the globe and ensure we foster an environment that helps us all do our best work. Keen to join a fast-growing company and a vibrant culture? Learn more at rokt.com.
The Business Development Manager will own the sales, onboarding & relationship management for new Rokt eCommerce & Ads clients on your target list which may develop with agency, marketing initiatives, and referrals throughout the Japan market.
Based out of Tokyo, the Business Development Manager will be expected to build and cultivate strategies in the following business development areas; prospect list development, relationship development & management, solution pitch, proposal development, and delivery of the projects in order to grow our supply & demand business. Tasked with being our local sales representative, it is important that you demonstrate ownership & leadership qualities and work in a constructive and collaborative way with both internal and external counterparties.
We’re looking for a self-motivated, high-integrity individual and team player who shares our passion for innovation and everything digital. You’ll be working with industry thought leaders and surrounded by smart and driven people who are passionate about taking on new challenges together. You are a strong fit for this role if you have a sharp, commercial mind that takes a solutions approach to solve complex client problems. As an individual contributor, this role is purely focused on creating and closing new opportunities with success measured by new revenue delivered.
- Perform heavy amounts of creative, intelligent outreach against assigned prospects and accounts. This role will not have support from a SDR for driving business.
- Penetrate target accounts at corporate levels through executive briefings/meetings to develop an intimate understanding of customer’s business, technical issues, and organizational structure, and document using appropriate systems.
- Move client prospects through the funnel, from consideration to executed contract including managing the pitch process; oversee internal process for responding to RFPs and preparing for pitches.
- Manage successful working relationships with Executive team, Other BD reps, Technical operation team, Marketing team to obtain their buy-in & arrange agreement for launch.
- Contribute to the development of Rokt’s marketing materials, including credentials/capabilities, case studies, and collateral material.
- Maintain updated SFA database of prospect contacts, leads, and deal opportunities.
- Ultimately continuously achieve quarterly and annual revenue goal
- 4+ years’ experience with a proven track record of closing high value solution sales in complex SaaS/ Technology services services at between a $250K-$2+ million deal size.
- Understanding of digital media and emerging marketing and AdTech/MarTech is preferred.
- Must have a proven track record of selling into and building credible relationships with medium to large size digital businesses
- Professional client-facing skills. Polished, articulate and credible when communicating with partners in business and social settings. Full comprehension of client businesses and needs.
- A curious mind with a strong desire to leverage creative problem-solving skills to develop new ideas and revenue opportunities for the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to think conceptually as well as engage in detail.
- Entrepreneurial background, attitude, or ambition is a plus. The ability to work independently and collaborate with internal constituencies is key.
- Excellent written, interpersonal, verbal, and listening skills.
- Past experience and deep executive knowledge & credibility of one of our priority industry verticals of ecommerce/Retail, Financial Services, Travel or Events & Ticketing is a bonus.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree. Post-graduate degree is not a requirement but well received.
- Language requirement : Business level English & Native level Japanese for both speaking & writing
- Work with the greatest talent in town. Our recruitment process is tough but diligent. We’re constantly aiming to implement our value of “raise the bar” and set high standards for our Rokt’stars. This is essential in our high-performing, high-grow culture where we strive to bring in the brightest and best talent. Our teams thrive by challenging the status quo and we encourage all of our teams to unleash their desire to achieve something bigger.
- Join a community. At Rokt we’re a community of curious explorers. We’re not afraid of venturing into uncharted territories. We work together as one single, aligned team. We value diversity and transparency which is why we support a number of internal employee resource groups including an EDI steering committee, Rainbow Rokts that empowers our LGBTQIA+ Rokt’stars, Womxn who Rokt that promotes gender equality in tech, and more.
- Accelerate your career. We want you to unleash your full potential. This is why we have an annual ‘Level Up’ allowance of ¥500,000 that gives Rokt’stars the ability to take courses, attend events, go to training, and more to help our great employees become even better leaders.
- Take a break. When you work hard, we know you also need to rest. We offer generous time off and parental leave policies, as well as mental health and wellness days for all employees. We even incentivize individuals to utilize their PTO with “High 5” days, an additional 5 days of PTO when you’ve used 75% of your allotted annual paid leave. We also offer a paid Rokt’star Sabbatical for employees who have been with us for 3 years or more.
- Become a shareholder. All Rokt’stars have stock options. If we succeed, everyone is rewarded.
- See the world! We want our Rokt’stars to enjoy the ride. As we aim to bring meaning and fun to our everyday work, we host global all-staff events in amazing locations (Phuket, Thailand in January 2020, Hawaii in May 2022, and Whistler in 2023). As we strive to build a community of curious explorers, we also offer generous relocation packages for those interested in moving to another Rokt office. We have bustling offices in great cities including: New York, Sydney, London, Singapore, and Tokyo.
- We believe we’re better together. We love spending time together and are in the office most days (most teams are in the office 3-4 days per week). We also get that you need to balance your life and your commitments so you have flexibility to manage your own hours and can spend up to a week of every quarter working from anywhere.
- We believe in equality. Rokt is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we know our collective strength comes from how different we all are. We encourage you to apply for one of our open roles—irrespective of socio-economic status or background, age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, color, pregnancy, carer/family responsibilities, national and social origin, political opinion, marital, veteran, or disability status.
Salary Range: ¥7,750,000- ¥8,125,000 / year + equity + (great) benefits!