Login to bookmark
At Nielsen, we believe that career growth is a partnership. You ultimately own, fuel and set the journey. By joining our team of nearly 14,000 associates, you will become part of a community that will help you to succeed. We champion you because when you succeed, we do too. Embark on a new initiative, explore a fresh approach, and take license to think big, so we can all continuously improve. We enable your best to power our future.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Data Scientist role is responsible for providing statistical support for Television Audience Measurement including linear and nonlinear platforms.
The role is responsible for tailor made large scale survey design and the universe estimation from survey database, implements and improves sampling and weighting methodologies.
The Data Scientist independently implements and improves methodologies are applied for: data validation and quality control to ensure data quality standards are achieved as well as for maintaining viewing data integrity; identifying and resolving issues that may arise and specifying necessary corrective measures.
The Data Scientist independently analyses datasets, creates statistical models and presents the results for internal and external clients, supports the data communication with creative data visualization techniques. The Data Scientist also applies their experience to contribute insights for methodology and product enhancement of Nielsen linear and nonlinear TV measurement solutions.
The Data Scientist is open to learn and adopt new software to improve and automatize the procedures.
Survey design, universe estimation
- Defines and controls the sampling and weighting methodology and design.
- Creates and improves questionnaire design.
- Controls the quality of survey database and enhances the routine of the data checks.
- Performs universe estimation
- Designs tests on new universes/weighting structures:To check the accuracy of the implementation.To check the impact on weighting results, weight distribution and weighing efficiency. To evaluate the effect at the viewing.To monitor coherence and consistency between the estimated universe and the productive sample
Panel sample maintenance:
- Contributes to delivery and improvement demo update and other surveys including questionnaire design and data collection approach.
- Recommends quality control and data validation improvement of linear and nonlinear viewing data
- Identifies any distortion on the data or low quality issue that might require further investigation and/or data reprocessing
- Monitors sample distribution and recommends strategies to correct any deviation.
- Performs analyses supporting data quality queries of the Client
Viewing data and panel sample measurement analysis
- Performs regular reviews routine aspects of the service (e.g. as required from reviews to the panel controls, weighting, etc) and proposes adjustments and enhancements as required
- Produces complex trend analyses of linear and nonlinear viewing
- Performs viewing behavior analysis to detect any abnormality on the trends.
- Performs panel behavior analysis to detect any abnormality on the trends.
- Checks extreme viewers to verify the consistency of the behavioral trend.
- Implements multi-variable statistical models for deeper understanding of the data.
- Participates or presents in Client meetings as required.
- Contributes to the preparation of client-facing materials
- Creates regular and ad hoc reports and evolves them in line with Client requirements
- Proactively recommends product improvement elements
Reports and documentation
- Produces the Reference Manual sections related to DSci responsibility.
- Produces quality control reports based on client requirements.
- Produces management reports as required.
- Provides analytical support and assistance to all areas of Nielsen DA when necessary.
- Prepares documentation of Data Science procedures and keeps them updated.
- Level of studies: University Degree or Diploma
- Type of studies: statistics or sciences (mathematics) or sociology or economy
- 5 or more years Data Scientist work experience
- Work experience in the area of media research is preferred
- A solid understanding of statistical concepts and techniques used in a market research environment, including complex data approaches as fusion, complex data analyses and modeling techniques
- Computer literate using R or PythonWork experience with Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence is advantage.
- Proficient in English
- Exceptional communication skills & Professional interaction: To maintain an excellent level of communication with external/internal collaborators
- Outstanding analytical and planning skills (Problem solving): To be able to identify a problem and to generate timely solutions by thinking creatively and developing strategies to achieve business goals
- Team player skills: ability to build and maintain positive and collaborative relationships with other departments; and/or participates in effective and high-performance cross-functional teams.
- Commitment and attitude: dedication to the organization, enthusiasm for adding value, and his/her ability to act effectively without guidance. Being eager to learn and grow.
- Attention to details: Ability to pay attention to the details and ensure the quality of the output
- Working effectively under pressure
- Results Oriented: To be reliable upon meeting goals, targets and daily tasks within required timeframes, providing high quality results and services that exceed the requirements of internal and/or external clients.
- Proactive and Initiative: Proactively identifying bottleneck areas and/or undertake tasks and initiatives that are beyond the scope of the defined job but that contribute to the effectiveness of the work unit.
- Dependability in Work Environment
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!