Deposit /Loan Operations Analyst I
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
High School Diploma
Travel Percentage :
5 – 10%
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Reviews, analyzes, and interprets correspondence related to account maintenance.
• Ensures loan applications comply with governmental regulations and requirements by reviewing complex legal documents and regulatory requirements (Loan Operations Analyst).
• Performs quality control on new and existing loans using internal reports and loan documentation to verify data input is correct and documents accurate and in regulatory compliance. (Loan Operations Analyst).
• Communicates professionally with clients and third parties through multiple channels (phone, email, workflow tools).
• Researches and resolves internal and externally submitted account questions and problems.
• Performs high risk task processing including maintenance on accounts having regulatory or monetary implications, e.g., payment/research corrections, credit bureau dispute research, Reg Z disputes, loan payoff processing, fee processing, loan modifications. (Loan Operations Analyst).
• Meets production standards for account servicing tasks:
• Completes account maintenance.
• Processes loan payoff requests. Processes paid loans.
• Follows up on insurance information, and processes insurance on accounts.
• Processes payments and payment exceptions.
• Performs escrow analyses. Prepares and executes annual escrow analyses.
• Monitors daily reports and follows-up as required.
• Performs quality review of mortgage and consumer loans.
• Reconciles general ledger accounts.
• Researches credit bureau disputes. May make decisions on appropriate actions.
• Performs various deposits processing tasks (Deposit Operations Analyst):
• Processes account closure requests.
• Disburses funds to appropriate endpoint. Places requested holds and stops.
• Processes card-related requests (adjusting card limits, requesting new cards.
• Handles client’s correspondence (incoming, returned mail).
• Generates correspondence for customers to service accounts.
• Processes returned items, researches encoding errors, conducts large-dollar signature verifications, reviews EARNS notifications.
• May handle retirement processing and disputes.
• Demonstrates a high level of proficiency with FIS and third-party applications based on either loan operations or deposit operations responsibilities (IBS, Profile, ALS, Horizon, Starview, Origenate, FLO, CLO, FIS Lockbox, FOS, Vision Content, FCM, SRM, SM, SharePoint, nGage, and third-party applications, e.g. Oscar, CoreLogic, Overby, Seawell, SalesForce, DealerTrack, CSC).
• Maintains current internal procedure manuals and writes drafts for changes.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
FIS JOB LEVEL DESCRIPTION
Entry level role. Applies basic skills and may develop advanced skills using tools and equipment appropriate for job. Duties and tasks are standardized. Resolves routine problems. Works under direct supervision and follows standard procedures and written instructions to accomplish assigned tasks. Typically requires less than one-year of experience in a banking or financial services environment.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.