Email Marketing Manager (UK Remote)
When you join Turnitin, you’ll be welcomed into a company that is a recognized innovator in the global education space. For more than 20 years, Turnitin has partnered with educational institutions to promote honesty, consistency, and fairness across all subject areas and assessment types. Over 16,000 academic institutions, publishers, and corporations use our services: Gradescope by Turnitin, iThenticate, Turnitin Feedback Studio, Turnitin Originality, Turnitin Similarity, ExamSoft, Ouriginal and ProctorExam.
Turnitin has offices in Australia, India, Indonesia, Germany, Japan, Korea, Mexico, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Sweden, Ukraine, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Our diverse community of colleagues are all unified by a shared desire to make a difference in education. Come join us, and let’s make change together.
As an Email Marketing Manager at Turnitin, you will be responsible for planning and developing our overall email marketing strategy and email nurture strategy. You will also be responsible for managing the execution and ensuring that the business goals are met.
You will be working with the latest marketing technology in collaboration with other Sales and Marketing teams.
Must be able to regularly flex schedule across global time zones to further One Team collaboration and execute within a global function
- Develop documentation and road maps for processes, A/B tests, and promotions that succeed through email.
- Responsible for email marketing program development and execution, including segmentation, testing, and deployment, and continually evaluate these for improvements through the use of and development of email, forms, landing pages, and automation.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders, including product marketing, on a global view of email communications at the target audience/persona level to better understand and optimize scheduling and impact
- Understand and evaluate campaign metrics and distribute campaign performance and recommendations for optimization to the marketing team. Contextualize results to appropriate keyholders.
- Work with defined KPIs and recommend overall KPI reporting strategy, create reporting and analyze campaign performance. Create recommendations to improve campaigns continuously.
- Manage marketing automation efforts and processes, proactively researching and implementing the latest best practices, strategies, and industry standards
- Plan and perform A/B testing to define and execute enhancements to productivity, conversion rates, programs/campaign ROI, and sales growth
- Work directly with Marketing Ops on essential marketing operations initiatives in Pardot and Salesforce such as managing the lead lifecycle, lead scoring, lead nurturing, segmentation, and data cleansing
- Plan and manage maintaining a database of customers who have opted-in to receive our correspondence.
- Ensure compliance with regional SPAM laws and other relevant laws.
- Collaborates with agencies, contractors, and other vendor partners as required.
- At least 4 proven years of marketing automation experience, preferably in Pardot.
- Expert knowledge of database management concepts and best practices.
- Expert working knowledge of Salesforce.com.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks with competing priorities under minimal supervision.
- Able to think critically and exercise independent judgement and discretion.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Expert analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Proven experience creating high-impact, unique marketing campaigns.
- Excellent English writing and communication skills in a cross-departmental, global organization.
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or proven equivalent experience.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in email marketing topics
- Self-motivated and committed
- Love learning and developing new skills
- Experience and knowledge of the education technology sector welcome
Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes.
Our Values underpin everything we do.
- Customer Centric – We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
- Passion for Learning – We seek out teammates that are constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables them to do so.
- Integrity – We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
- Action & Ownership – We have a bias toward action and empower teammates to make decisions.
- One Team – We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each other’s successes.
- Global Mindset – We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
Seeing Beyond the Job Ad
At Turnitin, we recognize it’s unrealistic for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job ad. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If you’re willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.