Engineering Manager, Security
Rokt is the global leader in ecommerce technology, helping companies seize the full potential of every transaction moment to grow revenue and acquire new customers at scale. Live Nation, Groupon, Staples, Lands’ End, Fanatics, UrbanStems, GoDaddy, Vistaprint and HelloFresh are among the more than 2,500 leading global businesses and advertisers that are using Rokt’s solutions to drive more value through every transaction by offering highly relevant messages to their customers at the moment they are most likely to convert.
With our December 2021 Series E raise of USD$325M, Rokt is expanding rapidly and globally – operating in 19 countries across North America, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region with the largest office in NYC and a major R&D hub in Sydney. With annual revenues of more than US$200M and vibrant company culture, Rokt has been listed in ‘Great Places to Work’ in the US and Australia. Our award-winning culture is guided by our five core values: Smart with Humility, Own the Outcomes, Force for Good, Conquer New Frontiers, and Enjoy the Ride. These values help us attract, engage, and develop the right talent around the globe and ensure we have the right conditions to do our best work. Keen to join a fast-growing company and a vibrant culture? Learn more at rokt.com.
The Rokt engineering team builds best-in-class ecommerce technology that provides personalized and relevant experiences for customers globally and empowers marketers with sophisticated, AI-driven tooling to better understand consumers. Our bespoke platform handles millions of transactions per day and considers billions of data points which give engineers the opportunity to build technology at scale, collaborate across teams and gain exposure to a wide range of technology. We are expanding rapidly in our major R&D centers in NYC and Sydney. We are passionate about using intelligent systems to improve the transaction moment for retailers everywhere. Come join us and build the future!
We’re looking for an experienced Leader who is excited to lead, mentor and grow engineers on our Security team working across a range of focus areas; Application Security, Mobility, Infrastructure and Compliance. At Rokt we believe every team is responsible for running, operating and securing the software they build. We are tasked with driving forward the security of the platform and organization, cultivating a security first culture, giving guidance on best practices, supporting our teams and helping them to design reliable and secure services.
You will have a unique opportunity to help grow Security at Rokt and will be expected to apply your strong engineering, problem solving and leadership skills to prioritize and execute on new initiatives and improvements to the existing processes. This will include working closely with the Leadership team to help prioritize and translate initiatives into clear engineering requirements, collaborating with your team of engineers
Outcomes & Responsibilities
- Our day to day is driven by helping our engineering teams create robust software more securely.
- Introduce best practices into the teams around security & compliance.
- Work in close collaboration with partner teams to shape the future roadmap to improve security & compliance across teams.
- Participate in system design from a security lens.
- Identify areas for improvement across the organization and drive Engineering-wide technical change in the field of Security.
- Share your knowledge by giving brown bags, tech talks, and evangelizing appropriate tech and engineering best practices.
- Partner with the broader Rokt organization to build a culture/training of security and compliance related topics .
- Contribute to documentation and uplifting of partner teams
- Problem solving
- Learns quickly: demonstrated ability to quickly understand and absorb new information. Passion for technology and eager to dive-in to figure out how things work.
- Analytical skills: able to process both qualitative and quantitative data and draw conclusions from it.
- Attention to detail: does not let important details slip through the cracks. Is on top of what matters to successfully deliver a project.
- Planning: plans, organizes and schedules in an efficient and productive manner, understanding business logic and be able to translate into expected technical behavior
- An ability and desire to mentor and coach engineers.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, with experience developing and instilling a culture of security maturity.
- You have handled multiple on call shifts, and have navigated more than one incident through to the retrospective process.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Force for Good. We actively invest in the growth of our people and the strengthening of our communities. Our NYC office is 100% vaccinated to keep our employees and community safe and healthy. We require all Rokt’stars as well as anyone else who will be onsite at the Rokt NYC office – clients, contractors, vendors, and suppliers – to show proof of vaccination and their booster shot.
- Work with the greatest talent in town. Our recruiting process is tough. We hold a high bar because we have a high-performing, high-velocity culture – we only want the brightest and the best.
- Join a community. We believe the best things happen when we come together to solve complex problems and make meaningful connections with each other through interest groups, sports clubs, and social events.
- Accelerate your career. Develop through our global training events, ‘Level Up’ investment, online training courses, and our fantastic people leaders. Take your career to Rokt’speed – Grow your career in our rapidly growing company.
- Take a break. When you work hard, we know you also need to rest. We offer generous time off and parental leave policies, as well as mental health and wellness days for all employees. We also offer a paid Rokt’star Sabbatical for employees who have been with us for 3 years or more.
- Stay happy and healthy. Enjoy catered lunch 3 times a week and healthy snacks in the office. Plus join the gym on us! In the US, access generous retirement plans like a 4% dollar-for-dollar 401K matching plan and get fully funded premium health insurance for your whole family. And our NYC office is dog-friendly!
- Become a shareholder. All Rokt’stars have stock options. If we succeed, everyone enjoys the upside.
- See the world! Along with our global all-staff events in amazing locations (Phuket, Thailand in January 2020, Hawaii in May 2022), we also offer generous relocation packages for those interested in moving to another Rokt office. We have cool offices in great cities – New York, Sydney, London, Singapore, Tokyo.
- We believe we are better together. We spend most of our time in the office (most teams are 4 days a week). One week per quarter, you also have the flexibility to work from anywhere.
- We believe in equality. Rokt is an Equal Opportunity Employer and recognizes that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business. We would love you to apply for one of our open roles – irrespective of socio-economic status or background, age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, color, pregnancy, carer/family responsibilities, national and social origin, political opinion, marital, veteran, or disability status.
Salary range: $160,000 – $200,000 / year