Who we are:
We love what we do and what we do is important! We believe that everyone should leave feeling better – this means not just our guests, but also our teammates. Everyone should go home feeling better because they learned something new or had fun working that day. Therefore, we hire unique individuals who work together to create amazing experiences for our guests. We recognize that every member of the team contributes to the success of the whole hotel. No-one is more important than anyone else, and unless we are in it together, we can’t create that special experience for our guest.
Why Virgin Hotels?
Because it is fun, of course! But we appreciate that fun isn’t always enough – what else is in it for you?
- A day off for your birthday
- Generous family friendly policies and allowances
- Teammate discount at Virgin Hotels and 20 other Virgin brands!
- Training and development including apprenticeships
- Teammate meals provided
- 4 x your salary life assurance policy
- Employee Assistance Program and Company sick pay
Should you decide to accept it…
The Staff Dining Attendant, our soldier in the trenches. You are an all-around ninja. From basic foor prep, to staff dining service, to making sure all our teammates areas look amazing! You love to watch our internal guests (teammates) walk away happy.
Our Teammate Lounge areas are sure to impress! Open for all meal periods, our goal is to create an environment where our teammates feel at home and can put their feet up in their time off. This is achieved with a solid grounded team who understand the needs of our teammates.
This position is made for someone who is a hard worker and is driven by learning and excitement to create a great teammate experience each and every day.
What exactly you will be doing…
In helping you understand your role in working for a world class organization, the following is a list of your essential job responsibilities. Please keep in mind that this list is not all inclusive and that you may be asked to perform other job tasks by your supervisors/managers not listed below in the constant quest to provide “out of this world” customer service experience for our guests:
Communication is key! You are vital in creating our staff dining experience, on time for our hungry team before they head back to work.. Having a sold communication bond with teammates sets us up for success. Being able to listen and adapt is very important. Having a team that can communicate with one another is the heart of any organization.
Clean and organised! You are a lean making sure that we are following our policies and procedures is important. We want to make it a clean safe work environment. You love fresh product and so does the guest, a sharpie and a label is your new best friend.
Teamwork! Yes, that right we are a working family. We rely on each other day in and day out. You treat everyone with respect both back and front of the house. If someone needs help, help them.
*Virgin Hotels celebrates diversity and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer*
What qualities are we looking for?
You got skills? If you are able to perform the following, then you have definitely come to the right place…
- Ability to work a shift during the day, and at weekends too
- Report to designated shift in assigned attire on time (if applicable)
- Great team player with the ability to create excellent working relationships across the group.
- Strong communication skills to all team members.
- Creativity and innovation are essential!
- Product knowledge, yeah you have to actually know what you are talking about. If you don’t know it, you research it
- Find solutions before problems arise.
- Anticipate needs and over deliver wherever possible
- Candidates must think on their feet and use their initiative to solve problems and deliver solutions
- Comply with all safety and health department procedures. The teammate lounge and changing areas need to be clean, organized and sanitary. Proper temperature procedures are always in place.
- Organisation is key!
- Able to change direction and work on multiple project aspects at once as needed.
- Behavior consistent with Virgin Hotels Core Values: Fun, innovative, original and personable, and striving to deliver high quality and brilliant customer service
- Current, legal and unrestricted ability to work in the United Kingdom.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in cleaning and basic food service/presentation.