Front Desk Night Manager
Who we are:
We love what we do and what we do is important! We believe that everyone should leave feeling better – this means not just our guests and owners, but also our teammates. Everyone should go home feeling better because they learned something new or had fun working that day.
Why work with Virgin Hotels:
Because it is fun, of course! But we appreciate that fun isn’t always enough – what else is in it for you?
- A day off for your birthday
- Generous family friendly policies and allowances
- Teammate discount at Virgin Hotels and 20 other Virgin brands!
- Training and development including apprenticeships
- Teammate meals provided
- 4 x your salary life assurance policy
- Employee Assistance Program and Company sick pay
Should you decide to accept it…
We aim to deliver outstanding guest service to our guests and the team by offering timely, efficient, knowledgeable, warm and truly remarkable service. We achieve that magical environment by assisting our guests with their check-in & check-out process while engaging them with our personalized service. Enthusiastically using our talents to sell our experience to our guests. Greeting each and every guest with an authentic and warm approach. Ensuring you are fully informed of hotel & city events to be a source of information for our guests. Using tact and creativity to handle each guest concern to make sure everyone leaves our hotel feeling better.
You will also be required to lead a team, communicate, coordinate and work well with other teammates, managers and guests. Most of all, we want you to have FUN since you will play a huge role in creating that memorable guest experience!
What exactly you will be doing…
- Learn and retain complete knowledge of front office procedures and comply with all policies and procedures.
- Be the champion of maintaining the Virgin “Tone of Voice,” culture & level of standards. Teach the Junction team to also embody the TOV in all guest interactions.
- Training, training, training! And more training! Did we mention you might be training?
- Learn and teach knowledge of all front office technical systems (HMS, Guestware, Rapid Response, GoConcierge, etc).
- Assist Rooms team by providing support in the various positions: GSA, Bellman, Doorman, YES! Agent and Reservations Agent.
- Process guest accounts by presenting folios to guests when requested, resolving any disputed charges & settling accounts by following accounting procedures.
- Maintain time edits for Junction team and coordinate PTO requests with payroll processing.
- Manage The Know program to ensure guest profile information is relevant and it is being utilized to dazzle our guests during their stay.
- Ensure all guest questions & requests are completed & followed up on while executing fabulous guest service.
- Be creative and think outside the box to create memorable experiences for our guests.
- When needed support Atmosphere and F&B departments during night operations
- Ensure Rooms team are completing job specific checklists daily and thoroughly for their respective positions.
- High school or equivalent education required, degree in Hotel management is preferred
- Minimum of two years of Front Office supervisory experience.
- Ability to compute accurate mathematical calculations.
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate in English with guests, management/co-workers, both in person and on the telephone.
- Proficient computer knowledge.
- Current right to work in the UK
Virgin Hotels celebrates diversity and welcomes teammates from all backgrounds. We are proud to be an inclusive and Equal Opportunity Employer.