Global Head of Sanctions
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Business Administration
Travel Percentage :
5 – 10%
FIS is building a World Class AML and Sanctions Governance program. The FIS AML and Sanctions Governance team is part of the broader Compliance Program at FIS. The team plays a crucial role in various areas of AML and sanctions compliance including, but not limited to, design and completion of AML and sanctions risk assessments, review of AML and sanctions risk assessment methodology and results, production of management information and reporting, and tracking of internal and external AML and sanctions issues.
What you will be doing:
You will provide global leadership over a sanctions compliance team who is responsible for all aspects of sanctions compliance at FIS. The responsibilities of the team are to track, review, and communicate pending and passed regulations, agency guidelines or directives to impacted lines of business and assist in setting priorities for regulatory issues that must be addressed by the business.
What you bring:
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration or law or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
• 10 or more years in the compliance Industry
• global compliance experience preferred
• Comprehensive knowledge of at least one substantive area of compliance, such as banking regulations, anti-money laundering, or anti-corruption
• Ability to understand technical documents and legal or regulatory reference materials
• Demonstrated ability to plan and complete work within tight time limitations
• Ability to provide information to a variety of audiences and deal effectively with confidential issues that are sensitive in nature
What we offer you:
- A multifaceted and challenging career with a high degree of responsibility
- A modern work environment, and a collaborative and dedicated group of colleagues who look forward to working together as a team to accomplish our goals
- A competitive salary and a range of benefits designed to support your wellbeing
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant privacy and data protection issues in financial services and information technology
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.