Java Software Engineer Senior
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Engineering
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
Worldpay from FIS is an international leader, the biggest in the world, in payments processing technology servicing all types of businesses – big and small, online and traditional retail outlets.
The company’s financial products include credit cards, ATM processing, merchant services, rewards and fraud prevention.
Worldpay’s New Acquiring Platform (NAP) specialises in delivering online payment services to our customers and we are looking for Engineers to join our team to take it to the next level. NAP is unique in the world and puts us firmly beyond what the competition can deliver.
Operating within a collaborative Agile environment, we aim to deliver effective solutions to the business and our customers using our evolving payment platform.
We are looking for proactive Team players who would like to work in the Fintech sector with likeminded individuals that want to develop robust and scalable applications for the growing market.
What you will be doing
As part of an Agile team you’ll contribute and support the team to deliver its commitments on a predictable way according to the SAFe definition and with the expected quality.
- Performs design reviews, provides input and estimates effort required for implementation
- Designs application components to meet the business requirements and the functional design
- Development of source code, including descriptions, in accordance with the functional design and the technical design
- Develop unit and integration tests to the highest possible coverage levels
- Provides Level 3 support – maintenance of applications by fixing defects/bugs and performs technical change requests scheduled according to Release Management processes
- Proactively identifying and suggesting improvements and enhancements to working practices
- Produce well structured, maintainable, reliable and fit for purpose code at an accepted level of quality
- Creates builds and deployment baselines, deployment notes and operating instructions
- Creates deployment/automation scripts when required
What you bring:
- Can-do attitude and a sense of responsibility for the wider implications of software engineering and demonstrate a flexible approach necessary for the role as business requirements and their relative priorities are subject to review and change
- Strong JAVA skills (Common Packages, Collections, Generics, Threads, Exceptions, XML, JMS, JPA, JTA, etc)
- Experience in integration layer development with RESTful APIs and Web Services
- Proficient with Java frameworks/technologies and tools like: Idea IntelliJ , Maven, Git, Subversion, Spring, Hibernate , ANT, Log4J, JUnit
- Working experience with different RDBMS (any of Oracle, MS SQL Server, others), SQL language and different Java application servers
- Strong knowledge of unit testing, build and deployment processes
- Familiar with the standard software design patterns, web application and web services architectures
Added bonus if you have:
- Experience with building containerized applications (Docker, Kubernetes, Open Shift)
- Messaging – JMS based or Kafka
- Micro Services Architecture
- Software Design Patterns
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development
What we offer you
- Full remote working from any place in Romania
- Modern, international work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Competitive salary and fantastic range of benefits – private health insurance including dental, travel insurance, meal vouchers, private pension, sport allowance, well-being programs
- 26 vacation days per year and bank holidays replacement
- FIS shares purchase program
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.