Operations Manager Senior
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Travel Percentage :
1 – 5%
The RPS Technical Team executes plan level change requests for a large recordkeeping client. Plan level changes supported by the team included the implementation of product and services, investment line up changes, Omniscript development and other Omni recordkeeping system support.
What you will be doing
- Manages the processing environment to protect production systems critical to the success of the business.
- Delivers an operations environment that meets all service level agreements, e.g., 24/7 availability, response time parameters, etc. and availability targets.
- Develops and recommends tactical and strategic plans for processing operations.
- Selects, trains, develops and leads an efficient and effective processing team.
- Identifies and recommends cost-saving and continuous improvement initiatives within the processing area.
- Ensures all backup and recovery and disaster recovery processes will meet or exceed business requirements.
- Develops and implements team standards and procedures that support departmental standards and procedures.
- Develops and executes project plans, budgets and schedules for documentation of work and results.
- Develops, manages and forecasts the budgets for the relevant cost centers.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you will need
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Typically requires ten or more years of experience and up to two years leadership responsibility or the equivalent combination of education and experience in an operations processing organization.
- Knowledge of all processing phases.
- Knowledge of processing administration and processing activities and controls.
- Knowledge of FIS products and systems.
- Proficiency in client communication and escalation management.
- Knowledge of project management methods and techniques.
- Proficiency to effectively supervise, lead and manage staff members.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors.
- Excellent problem solving, team and time management skills managing multiple deadlines for self and others.
- Proficiency in evaluating the performance capabilities of subordinates as well as counsel subordinates in development and/or corrective discipline.
- Proficiency in making projections of future expenses based on analysis of cost effectiveness of past expenditures.
- Proficiency to operate independently.
Added bonus if you have
- Omni system experience.
- Defined contribution plan knowledge.
- Project management certifications.
What we offer you
- A voice in the future of fintech.
- Always-on learning and development.
- Collaborative work environment.
- Opportunities to give back.
- Competitive salary and benefits .
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.