Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
Payrix (part of FIS) is recognised as a global leader in financial technology. Our global team of passionate payments and software experts provide vertical software companies with an all-in-one platform and white-glove approach to service to capitalize on the opportunities of growth, innovation, and transformation within embedded payments.
About the role
We are looking for a Junior Product Owner to work with our engineering and product teams on the design and delivery of the product roadmap initiatives. Our ideal candidate will be
You will also work closely with our teams and stakeholders to understand business requirements, lead the conversation, and design a solution.
What you will be doing
- Define, scope and prioritise the development features of the product roadmap initiatives to ensure that the most logical functionality of the product is delivered.
- Future focused, you will be able to spot opportunities and assess and scope the work as well as the resources required to ensure the work is delivered as per agreed timeframes.
- Act as an ambassador for the product internally and externally working with all stakeholders to analyse their requirements and design;
- Lead the design and delivery of new features and existing feature enhancements;
- Develop appropriately detailed specifications for the product features so they are clearly understood by the development teams;
- Own the product roadmap initiative delivery. Define scope, solution design (e.g., epic/features/user stories) that guide the Agile software development team;
- Assess value, develop use stories, and prioritize the stories, and tasks to ensure alignment with the scope of the product initiatives;
- Play a role in Agile meetings such as stand-ups, sprint planning, review and retrospective sessions and provide business direction to the team, with an outside in and “customer first” and ROI mindset;
- Work with cross-functional teams to plan product releases.
- Maintain clear and documented product roadmap Kanban and stories;
- Assist with QA and Testing where suitable.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring:
- Tertiary qualifications /relevant experience, certifications as a Business Analyst or Product Owner.
- Demonstrated experience in scoping the product roadmap initiatives, defining the MVP, writing/prioritising user stories and defining the acceptance criteria.
- Creating detailed design specifications and user guides/ training guides.
- Working on and designing 24/7 business-critical systems;
- Critically analysing system integrations and dependencies to formulate logical solutions;
- Agile methodologies and managing various internal and external stakeholders;
- Proactively working with a range of stakeholders to understand needs, receive feedback and demonstrate new functionality.
- QA or Testing experience highly regraded.
- Familiarity with Atlassian (Confluence and Jira) or similar as well as payments, POS, Finance or Banking would be advantageous.
What we offer you – this part can be changed
- Competitive salary and attractive benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, and travel insurance
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.