Remittance Processing Associate I, Overnight
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
General Equivalency Diploma
Travel Percentage :
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prepares customer payments for processing.
• Coordinates set-up and maintenance activities for the remittance processor and related equipment.
• Performs research and adjustment activities.
• Processes exception items.
• Maintains inventory of remittance processing supplies.
• Prepares outgoing collection notices for negotiable instruments, e.g., bonds, food stamps, foreign items.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
High school diploma or GED
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Capacity to lift or move up to 30 pounds
• Considerable knowledge of remittance processing
• Proficient written and oral communication skills in dealing with employees or external customers/clients
• Knowledge of the practices, procedures and problem-solving techniques required to verify and distribute computer output
• Knowledge of the practices, procedures and problem solving techniques required to process client transactions and produce output through computer operations
• Knowledge of the practices, procedures and problem solving techniques involved in item processing
• Knowledge of client specifications for remittance processing
• Knowledge of off-line and peripheral equipment operation and maintenance
• Proficiency to assemble, organize and sequence work
• Knowledge to identify errors in calculations and balances
FIS JOB LEVEL DESCRIPTION
Entry level role. Basic skills with moderate level of proficiency. Has general understanding of remittance processing. Works under close to moderate supervision with to ensure accuracy. Consults with senior peers on processes or errors to learn through experience. Typically requires up to one year remittance processing or equivalent experience.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.