Sales Executive – Capital Markets Sell-Side Hunter (Virtual)
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Travel Percentage :
15 – 25%
We are FIS. Our technology powers the world’s economy and our teams bring innovation to life. We champion diversity to deliver the best products and solutions for our colleagues, clients, and communities. If you’re ready to start learning, growing, and making an impact with a career in fintech, we’d like to know: Are you FIS?
About the role:
Experienced Senior Sales Executive that is a true ‘Hunter’ with a proven track record selling complex, enterprise wide, software systems into Sell-Side and Buy-Side financial institutions. The Senior Sales Executive primary responsibilities will be to uncover new business sales opportunities and schedule meetings for the suite of risk, order management, market access, and data analytics solutions in North America. The ideal candidate will also have knowledge of regional compliance regulations issued by the SEC, FINRA, and CFTC pertaining to Sales Practice Review, Market Manipulation, Insider Trading, Best Execution, and Employee Personal Trading. As a Sales Executive – Quota Carrier, you’ll be part of a team of self-motivated, high achieving sales professionals helping small- and medium-sized business owners grow their businesses. By providing industry-leading solutions, you’ll drive some of the most exciting new technology in fintech while advancing the way the world pays, banks, and invests.
What you will be doing:
• Prospect, qualify, and close new business opportunities within assigned territory
• Coordinate Discovery Calls, Prep Calls, Dry Runs and Power Point Presentations
• Present business solutions at the executive level, calling on Chief Compliance and Technology officers
• Create price proposals and lead negotiations and overcome objections for deal closure
• Manage multiple complex sales cycles simultaneously
• Prepare accurate sales forecasts and sales cycle reporting via Salesforce.com
• Build key senior management level relationships throughout assigned territory
• Regional travel within the territory
• Meet and exceed quarterly and annual revenue quotas
What you will need:
• Must have experience selling enterprise class software and/or services into financial institutions (compliance experience with existing relationships a strong plus.)
• Deep understanding of buy-side and sell side financial institutions.
• Understanding of compliance solutions in use by these firms
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience
• Specific experience selling into financial institutions
• Well-honed presentation skills
• Ability to travel to presenting / visit / entertain clients and prospects
• Self-directed team player
• Proven track record of consistently exceeding corporate objectives and quotas
• Proficient technical proposal and RFP generation
• Working knowledge of trading and compliance workflow
• Expertise in new business development
Added Bonus if you have:
· Direct work experience related to the industry is highly desirable.
What we offer you:
At FIS, we are as committed to growing our employees’ careers as our own business. We offer:
• Opportunities to innovate in fintech
• Inclusive and diverse team atmosphere
• Professional and personal development
• Resources to contribute to your community
• Competitive salary and benefits
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.