Senior Technology Product Manager, FinTech – Reliability & Observability
At Booking.com, data drives our decisions. Technology is at our core. And innovation is everywhere. But our company is more than datasets, lines of code or A/B tests. We’re the thrill of the first night in a new place. The excitement of the next morning. The friends you make. The journeys you take. The sights you see. And the food you sample. Through our products, partners and people, we can empower everyone to experience the world.
We’re a truly global e-commerce company, with business operations in nearly every country and city on the planet. And we want to make it easy for everyone, anywhere in the world, to pay for their travel or do business with our platform – whenever and however it’s convenient for them.
Our brand new FinTech business unit – with teams in Amsterdam, London and Shanghai – develops new products and drives innovation to help us continue removing financial friction from the travel process. That makes buying and selling travel-related products and services simpler for both travellers and partners.
Our FinTech unit is scaling fast. Across multiple internal payments verticals (e.g. Customer Experience, Partner Experience etc.), we already have quite a few services, holding multiple flows and are probably going to double the functionality with upcoming projects.
Dealing with money comes with a big responsibility! As FinTech, we believe that the only way to scale to achieve a North star FinTech vision is to invest in the quality and reliability of our services. There are a lot of uncovered opportunities in the existing setup, and we are looking for a person passionate to turn them into reality for the benefit of our business.
As a Senior Tech Product Manager, you’ll work together with product and engineering teams to understand their business flows and current challenges in reliability and observability. Using your experience and knowledge, you will enable product teams to improve reliability and observability of their services.
You will drive the product vision, direct strategic initiatives and the creation of product roadmaps in collaboration with your product teams and your main stakeholders.
What you’ll be doing:
- Define the product vision and roadmap for FinTech business unit’s reliability and observability products;
- Perform external market analysis (e.g., commercial and open source) to evaluate emerging trends, technologies, and practices to make buy vs build decisions;
- Drive the delivery of the product roadmap together with the SRE and engineering teams;
- Define OKRs, manage expectations, identify risks and drive mitigations;
- Work closely with SREs, product & engineering teams, (Senior) Engineering Managers and directors to gather new requirements, establish SLOs and error budgets, and timelines;
- Assist in incident retrospectives and remediations. Analyze incident trend data to identify and formulate resilience features to prevent and eliminate root causes and fragile technology components;
What you’ll bring:
- Experience with microservices, cloud platforms (AWS is a bonus), and complex systems in production, at scale;
- 5+ years of (technical) Product Management experience in an Engineering or Technology Strategy role with multiple cross functional teams;
- Ability to define what reliable service ownership means in FinTech by initiatives like defining ServiceHealth, improving SLO adoption and monitoring the error budgets;
- Understanding of the tools our internal customers use for application development, CI/CD processes and systems in order to improve the reliability and observability of our services;
- Experience analyzing global scale distributed systems and critical production service environments;
- Willingness to learn new technologies and apply existing and new technical knowledge constantly.
In return, we’ll provide:
- Career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential;
- Trainings, regular hackathons and opportunities to travel and attend global conferences, when travel resumes;
- Discount on Booking.com accommodations with the “Booking Deal” including other perks and benefits;
- Diverse, unique colleagues from every corner of the world.
- An opportunity to contribute to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real time impact of your work on millions of travelers worldwide;
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real time impact of your work on millions of travelers worldwide;
- Working in a fast paced and performance driven culture;
- Promote and drive impactful and innovative engineering solutions;
- We value diversity of all types and in an open, dynamic workplace. This has been a pillar at Booking.com since day one, and something we continue to strongly believe in and build today.
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.