Software Engineer Senior
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Engineering
About the role:
At Worldpay from FIS we are building microservices using new technologies and new ways of working. If you are curious, forward-thinking and love to collaborate to solve interesting challenges then we want to hear from you.
With us you will have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
Engineers at Worldpay from FIS are a talented, creative group working together to bring the next generation of payment products. Our clients range from small/medium businesses and start-ups to some of the largest tech and digital firms. We use global collaboration to support global clients.
Worldpay is a place where learning and growing are core parts of the journey. We care deeply about things like immutability, automation, test driven development and agile ways of working.
What you will be doing:
You will collaborate with your cross-functional team to design, develop, operate, and improve the products our customers enjoy using. You will work with the wider engineering team to bring solutions to challenges that require cross team collaboration. As a member of the team you will also have deep understanding of the product and industry you are building for. You will also have the opportunity to be a teacher for less experienced engineers.
- Take the lead in shaping and designing solutions, and collaborate in all stages of development, from requirement discussions with the Product Owner, to the deployment of the feature
- Technical leadership across the team and beyond, establishing and refining best practice with, and across teams within the train, and wider community
- Join the on-call rota to support the highly available products developed by the team, as well as periodic availability outside normal office hours for release support and deployment
- Working collaboratively with lean SDLC principles and drive improvements around technologies, patterns, and approaches to adopt in collaboration with your fellow engineers from other teams
- Interviewing, technical assessment and selection of new recruits, in partnership with peers and managers.
What you will need:
- Proficiency in solutions design, implementation and operating large scale and highly available systems, including microservices deployed to the cloud
- Experience building microservices, with Docker, Spring Boot and Java
- Experience building security applications, interacting with Hardware Security Module, with Spring boot and Java
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- An engineering skillset that is focused on quality and a test first philosophy, regardless of the activity
- An agile mindset where you will drive both your team and the wider release train towards better ways of working
- An inquisitive personality that is always looking for constant improvement opportunity
Added bonus if you have:
- Experience with OpenShift, Kubernetes and AWS cloud technologies (and design patterns)
- Exposure to the Payments industry (especially Cards and other payment schemes)
- Exposure to PCI-DSS
What we offer you:
A career at FIS is more than just a job. It’s the change to shape the future of fintech. At FIS, we offer you:
• A voice in the future of fintech
• Always-on learning and development
• Collaborative work environment
• Opportunities to give back
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.