Software Test Analyst
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Travel Percentage :
Our technology powers the world’s economy and our teams bring innovation to life. We champion diversity to deliver the best products and solutions for our colleagues, clients and communities. If you’re ready to start learning, growing and making an impact with a career in fintech, we’d like to know: Are you FIS?
About the team:
FIS provides a leading in-house payment management platform (SaaS – Software as a Service) that serves high-volume merchants such as Netflix, Overstock.com, GoDaddy, and many more. At FIS, we know that our platform is only as good as the people behind it. We are looking for talented engineers who are eager to learn about our technology and, more importantly, about the details that make our business tick.
We consistently develop and deliver new features onto our live platform. This platform handles millions of merchant transactions around the clock. These features along with our ability to consistently deliver them make us stand out in the highly competitive payments business. Our engineering team is critical to our mission – we are fundamentally a technology company. We succeed by offering innovative features to our merchants while retaining the reliability, quality, and fault tolerance they require.
What you will be doing:
- We are seeking a Software Test Engineer with 3-5 years of experience to join our engineering team which utilizes Agile Development methodologies and employs a collaborative approach to our work. QA engineers are not part of a separate organization; rather, our engineering teams are comprised of both software and QA engineers, who share a single goal — to deliver business value to our merchants.
- Test software for functionality and reliability
- Maintain the level of reliability required from a high-volume, high-availability platform
- Work on a core project team alongside software engineers to ensure that quality is built in from the start
- Collaborate with other teams (Product, Platform, Merchant Services and Support) to distill business requirements into technical solutions
- Utilize iterative Agile software development lifecycle
- Contribute to feature requirements using user stories and test cases
- Craft and execute automated regression tests for SaaS platform and UI based features
- Support deployment of new features into production with zero platform downtime and no impact to end customers that are currently processing
- Build domain expertise in e-commerce payments and apply your engineering expertise to develop new product features
What you will need:
- You’re self-motivated with a can-do attitude; others would describe you as dedicated, energetic, curious, conscientious, humble, and flexible
- You have a “team focus” with strong collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to quickly grasp high level business goals, derive requirements, and create effective testing strategies
- Experience with Cucumber and Karate
- Write acceptance criteria for User Stories (given when then)
- Git commands
- Experience with automated testing methodologies for Software as a Service platforms and data driven systems required
- Ability to fluidly change context and priorities based on changing business needs
Added bonus if you have:
Agile Development experience a plus; a willingness to try is a requirement
Intellij experience a plus
What we offer you:
A career at FIS is more than just a job. It’s the change to shape the future of fintech. At FIS, we offer you:
- A voice in the future of fintech
- Always-on learning and development
- Collaborative work environment
- Opportunities to give back
- Competitive salary and benefits
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.