Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
1 – 5%
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
Worldpay from FIS is an international leader, the biggest in the world, in payments processing technology servicing all types of businesses – big and small, online and traditional retail outlets.
The company’s financial products include credit cards, ATM processing, merchant services, rewards and fraud prevention.
Worldpay’s New Acquiring Platform (NAP) specialise in delivering online payment services to our customers and we are looking for Engineers to join our team to take it to the next level. NAP is unique in the world and puts us firmly beyond what the competition can deliver.
Operating within a collaborative Agile environment, we aim to deliver effective solutions to the business and our customers using our evolving payment platform.
We are looking for proactive Team players who would like to work in the Fintech sector with likeminded individuals that want to develop robust and scalable applications for the growing market.
What you will be doing
As part of an Agile team, you will contribute and support the team to deliver its commitments in a predictable way according to the SAFe definition and with the expected quality, working closely with each discipline within the Delivery Team (Product Owner, Development and Test) to ensure solution design and implementation is in line with the business requirements.
- Work with business analysists and wider architecture team to define requirements for new business and technical problems
- Analyse requirements and architecture specifications to identify and propose technical solutions
- Collaborate with engineering team to brainstorm and pick best solutions for a problem within the constraints of the system
- Produce high level and low level design artefacts that translate business and technical needs into clear solution
- Peer review solutions of other designers in the team
- Work closely with the delivery teams to ensure that solutions are understood and successfully realised
- Work on Improving the technical architecture by tracking emerging technologies, evaluating their applicability to business goals and operational requirements
- Provide solution design leadership and accountability for all your design work
- Liaise with stakeholders and external teams to research and fully explore the requirements and their context
- Assist with investigation of live system issues and propose solutions to address the root cause
- Continuously review and improve delivery processes to enable high quality and fast delivery
- Understands the system interfaces and interactions with other components of the platform; aligns his requirements with the outer systems
- Attends all SAFe/Agile related ceremonials
What you bring:
- Can-do attitude and a sense of responsibility for the wider implications of software engineering. A flexible approach necessary for the role as business requirements and their relative priorities are subject to review and change
- Analytical mind eager to solve complex problems
- A habit of attention to detail
- Ability to work on your own as well as in a team, within an onshore/offshore model
- Ability to provide direction, expertise, and support to other team members
- Strong understanding of system architecture and general programming concepts and best practices and ability to lead solutions within them
- Sound understanding and experience of the Agile software development lifecycle
- Experience with different requirements tracking systems like JIRA or Rally
- Working experience with different RDMS or DW (any of Oracle, MS SQL Server, others) and SQL, PL/SQL language
- Experience of working across the whole software development & support lifecycle
- Experience of working with offshore partner organizations
- Strong analytical skills, able to provide support to solve business or production problems
- Excellent communication skills, able to articulate technical and non-technical issues
- Responsive, assertive and drive a continuous improvement ethos in all interactions
- Fluent English (written/verbal)
- Note: If you have no previous experience as Functional Analyst / Solution Designer but you are a senior developer or senior tester and want to change your focus on understanding payment systems and propose solutions for solving interesting problems you can still apply for the role.
Added bonus if you have:
- Experience in working with UNIX/Linux systems
- Experience of working with message-based applications
- Knowledge of the global payments industry or a good understanding of payments transaction life cycle
What we offer you
- Full remote working from any place in Romania
- Modern, international work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Competitive salary and fantastic range of benefits – private health insurance including dental, meal vouchers, private pension, sport allowance, well-being programs
- 26 vacation days per year and bank holidays replacement
- FIS shares purchase program
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.