Director of Procurement
The Director of Procurement for Booking.com heads up the procurement delivery into the brand and is responsible for defining and ensuring the execution of the procurement strategy, policies, processes, and tools.
This role will be responsible for leading all global procurement efforts to efficiently and effectively enable spend owners such as Booking.com business units and functional partners to maximize the value they receive from suppliers to meet their strategic objectives. This role is also responsible for positioning procurement as a strategic, value-add partner towards the business and will act as a strategic advisor to senior management on procurement related matters.
In this role the Director will strive to drive excellence across all procurement operational activities and processes and enforce proper internal governance and controls.
- Oversee $2BN+ external third party spend and drive alignment of Booking.com business spend/investment plans with BHI procurement strategy and annual budget process.
- Work with the Booking Holdings sourcing group to create and implement the global procurement strategies locally, drive key policies and processes specific to the Booking.com brand, and drive adherence to and global alignment on the category strategies, key procurement policies and processes.
- Own the procurement productivity agenda and program for the Booking.com business. Ability to manage communication and relationships with VP’s and SVP’s across the business.
- Manage the total spend of Booking.com on external goods and services, at true market conditions and optimal price/quality ratio.
- Drive and implement better contract management processes and tools.
- Own the operational aspects, performance and service delivery into the business as it relates to P2P, Procurement operations and Travel & Expense.
- Guide the development and implementation of the systems for sourcing, contract management, vendor management, and purchase to pay.
- Cooperate closely with the Risk & Compliance function, to ascertain that all procurement-related reputation, financial, and operational risks are identified and mitigated.
- Ensure compliance with the code of conduct in all procurement processes.
- Understand and know the spend (patterns). Identify and pursue possibilities for cost reduction.
- Own the professional development of the Operations team, actively upskilling the team to deal with an increasingly complex environment.
Knowledge & Skills.
- Bachelors degree required, Master degree preferred.
- 8-10 years of progressive growth in supply chain, finance or procurement space, including 4-6 years of procurement experience in global category management leadership.
- Leader applying mastery of the procurement professional discipline including sourcing, category management and P2P.
- Strong managerial skills with the ability to lead a team that is dealing with tough stakeholders, tight deadlines, and big impact projects.
- Knowledge of key procurement tools (iValua preferred), and contract management tools.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent corporate agility to collaborate and build relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to drive change and adapt quickly in an agile environment.
- Superior negotiation, communication and story-telling skills.
- Internationally accredited procurement qualification is preferred (e.g. CIPS).
- Expert Market knowledge: Deep knowledge of most NPR/Indirect and IT categories.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.